Oh Just A Little Baking Going On (And Un-Baking)


One thing I have realized as I've gotten (a-hem) older ;) is how I eat and what I eat really matter. I've learned that I'm not really ready to give up all my favorite foods. So, I've made it my responsibility to research and learn from others how to make healthier versions of all my favorite things. 

I'm such a foodie! Here are a few of my go-to faves! 

First things first--I LOVE BREAD! As I began aging and noticed the pounds don't shed as readily like they used to, I honestly thought "There goes bread!" But NOT SO! I've learned to make my own bread in different grain combinations which I mill fresh the day of baking. And my favorite way to have bread is of course warm out of the oven with cold-pressed olive oil. 
My secret in keeping my portions under control (it's HARD to control myself with bread--just gonna put that out there) is with mini loaves and single rolls. If you want to know more about portion control and learn my method of perfect portion sizes every time, check out my It Is Well Lifestyle Change online resource here.

Now almost as much as I love bread, I also love my sweets. But again, the healthy whole food version. I make about 3 dozen of these per week for my husband's daily lunches. He gets 2 dozen and I treat myself to the other dozen (half of which I eat right out of the oven LOL) TRUE STORY! These cookies I make with barley flour. You will find the recipe here.

Move over unhealthy processed snack bars, there's a much easier and healthier version in town! These are NO-BAKE ("Un-Baked") whole food snack bars made with whole food sweeteners such as dates and honey from our hives, as well as homemade nut butter made in the vitamix with JUST NUTS--NO MORE NO LESS (recipe for mixed nut butter here). This is considered a raw food bar since nothing is cooked. I don't have a link to the bars but I have a corresponding YouTube video which tells you everything I did to make these bars.

I love having my cake and eating it too (so to speak) ;)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, It's Me!

How To Get The Best Clothing & Accessory Deals

Keeping Salon Fresh Hair & Nails At Home